Friday, January 18, 2008

Short Story Reflection

Title: The Door

Author: Edgar Garabito

Genre: Fantasy/ Nonfiction

Pages:
5

Menor Text: Part of it was from Lord of the Rings. The parts of the elves and the action in the story were based of it. Another part was from a picture shown in class about a little door in a basement, and a kid walking down the stairs. The caption for that photo said that the kid saw the door knob turn.

Audience: Youth kids-Teens

Writing Process: When I wrote my story, i had waited to the last minute, so I got help from Ms Staff. She told me how to write a story, and how it was supposed to be formated, which helped a lot. I had problems with my grammar, but Ms Staff read my story and showed me were I needed to correct my spelling mistakes.

Publishing Process: I went to staples to print out my story and a picture for the cover i have made in Photoshop. They put my book together, and only had to show them the file they needed to print out in my flash drive

1 comment:

Cady said...

You mention that you feel like you waited until the last minute to write your story. How did that impact your experience in writing and revising your piece of writing? Did you feel ready to publish by the deadline? What part of your story are you most proud of?